Most people make a big mistake in their lives and it is that they forget to take care of their health. We realize this mistake only when we get sick. In order to benefit from a beautiful and healthy life, it is essential to lead a happy and pleasant life. Being healthy means that our body is functioning normally and that there is nothing out of balance. Health also consists of having a balanced mind in harmony with the body.
Healthy habits are largely what determines that you are in good health. Healthy habits are sleep, eating, hydration, exercise, sun protection, etc. Properly developing these habits will definitely help you to have a longer and healthier life. Let’s take a look at six important habits for good health:
- Eat fruits and vegetables. I recommend eating 9 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. If you consume 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day, your life will get rid of frequent doctor visits. Some specialists at Harvard University have shown that this amount of fruits and vegetables provides antioxidants and fiber needed to reduce heart disease and maintain a healthy weight.
- Physical exercises. To lead a healthy life you need 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise. You can do this sport 5 times a week. The benefits of sport are the following: healthy heart, adequate weight, toned muscles, having a good mood … etc.
- Enough sleep. If you have a sleep of 8-9 hours a day, you are on the right track. Specialists have shown that those who have trouble sleeping or sleeping less than 7 hours increase the risk of high blood pressure, heart disease and even diabetes. The human body needs 8 hours a night to recharge its batteries and to be in good health.
- Stay hydrated. Doctors recommend people to consume 8 glasses of water a day. If you do physical exercise or it is very hot outside, you will need more water per day. The only ones who can not depend on the thirst to drink water are young children and the elderly, because in them the thirst mechanism does not work properly, so they must remember to drink. The human body is made of water, which is why it needs this liquid to function. Other sources of fluid are fruits, soup, tea and vegetables. In short, water = health.
- Wash your hands. The correct washing is done with the help of soap and water. For a proper wash, you must rub your hands for at least 15 seconds. Water and soap eliminate over 90% of the microbes that cause infections and can change your health. Always wash your hands after touching raw meat and raw vegetables.
- Use sunscreen. This is recommended if it is used during the cold season. Protecting the skin from ultraviolet rays will prevent skin damage, including cancer. Ideally, a minimum blocking factor of 15 protection.