Specialists in the field say that ginger is an unusually powerful aphrodisiac. According to Ayurvedic medicine and traditional Chinese medicine, it is a remedy that can solve sexual problems due to a circulatory deficit or fatigue.
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is a nodular rhizome, the underground stem of the plant. In ancient times, it was a highly prized spice for its medicinal and culinary applications. It is a common ingredient in cuisines in different countries.
Its main substances are: Acids such as alpha-linolenic or linoleic; Gingerol (active component of fresh ginger); Shogaol (anticoagulant); Fiber; Essential oils; Amino acids and minerals.
In this article I will tell you some aphrodisiac properties of ginger. These are:
- First of all, its role is to increase testosterone in the body, both in rodents and in humans. In a study with infertile young men, it increased its level by 17.7%.
- Secondly, it has in its composition antioxidant properties that fight free radicals. Studies suggest that antioxidants may be beneficial in treating erectile dysfunction.
- Improves blood circulation. This is essential to promote erections and increase sensitivity in the clitoris.
In addition to the above properties, ginger has other properties. These are:
- Many years ago, it was used in MTCH, India, the Middle East and Rome to alleviate nausea. Scientists have shown that it is effective in various types of nausea:
- People need to know that ginger motion sickness is effective in preventing it, possibly because it inhibits the secretion of vasopressin by the central nervous system. It also has no side effects from standard medicines (lethargy, drowsiness, dry mouth)
- If you are one of the women who are pregnant and suffering from nausea and vomiting in the morning, you should know that ginger relieves these symptoms.
- Drug-induced nausea. It is effective in postoperative nausea and late nausea caused by chemotherapy.
- Researchers in the field have concluded that it significantly reduces the symptoms of osteoarthritis of the knee. Its consumption also reduces pain after exercise-induced muscle injuries. In short, it is a very good anti-inflammatory.
- Cholesterol. It reduced LDL cholesterol and increased HDL after 45 days of treatment by taking 1000 mg of ginger three times a day.
- In addition to all these very important benefits, ginger also plays a very important role in heart attacks and strokes. It would work by reducing platelet aggregation by preventing blood clots from forming.
- It is a carrier of other remedies, helping them to pass into the bloodstream through the digestive tract and facilitating their access where they are needed. Therefore, you can reduce the required doses of some medications.
- In a study of middle-aged women, ginger was shown to be a cognitive enhancer.
- People should also know that ginger powder plays a very important role in killing ovarian cancer cells and also prevents the cells from becoming resistant to chemotherapy.
- Cancer. Various studies in non-human cells and animals show that it can fight lung, breast, prostate, skin, bladder, pancreatic and ovarian cancer. Zerumbone (a ginger extract) activates genes that destroy colon, kidney, breast and pancreatic cancer cells. It can also help prevent bone loss in breast cancer. In another study, they found that it could reduce the expression of a metastatic gene.
- Migraine. When ginger and placebo were given, 48% of study participants had no pain within two hours of treatment, and in 34% of cases the pain was more moderate.
- People with asthma say that the symptoms of these conditions have been greatly reduced after 3 months of treatment with 130 mg of ginger extract.