Reflexology is body therapy that is applied by pressure and gentle foot massages. It is generally applied on the sole, but also treats other areas of the body in a reflective way. For example, heavy digestion can be treated by massaging a specific point on the sole of the foot. In this case, it would be the final part of the arch just above the heel, where various points related to digestion are reflected.
If you receive a general reflexology massage of the foot, you will tone different areas of the body and its organs. In addition to these benefits, you will also benefit from a gentle rebalancing of energy that maintains the vital health of these areas and overall vitality.
This type of massage should not be confused with a normal foot massage, because the foot massage has the role of relieving joint and muscle tension in this area of the body, but without benefits or repercussions on other parts of the body.
The reflexology of the foot has the role of helping the person to get rid of various symptoms and conditions, both for their prevention and for achieving a physical and mental balance. Its benefits are the following:
- It is a very good way to relax, having the role of eliminating stress and facilitating physical and mental relaxation.
- Another very important benefit is that it stimulates blood and lymphatic circulation
- Increases the body’s immune system and self-healing potential.
- In addition to all these benefits, foot reflexology also helps to improve the functioning of the body’s organs.
- Balances and restores energy levels.
- A very important benefit is that it eliminates toxins from the body
- It has preventive therapeutic effects.
- It has an analgesic effect (relieves pain)
- It is not contraindicated in adolescents, children, pregnant women, and the elderly.
- And last but not least, it helps to stimulate creativity, increases vitality, and improves mood.