Experts in the field say that the histological characteristics of the lips are different from those of the rest of the skin. People need to know that the lips are mucous, which do not have melanin and are more vulnerable and sensitive. In addition, the lips have few sebaceous glands and this is why they dry out and need constant hydration.
In addition to these features, people also need to know that they regenerate four times faster than the rest of the skin. However, the lips decrease one millimeter every five years, being a feature of old age.
In this article I will recommend some very good lip care treatments. These are:
- Avoid moisturizing the lips. People should know that saliva has strong enzymes in its composition that have the role of causing dry lips. Try to eliminate this habit.
- Consume water, at least 2 liters a day, because your body needs hydration, regardless of the season.
- Apply a moisturizer to your lips, such as petroleum jelly, cocoa butter or simply pamper your lips with a very creamy lipstick.
- In addition to these tips, I also recommend applying natural products such as shea butter, a very popular African product. Cocoa butter is also used with very good results.
- If you are one of the people who have dry lips and still smokes. People need to realize that tobacco aggravates this condition.
- It is important to use sunscreen, especially if you spend a lot of time outdoors.
- Specialists recommend people vitamin E. It is widely used for a quick treatment of dry lips in Ayurveda (traditional Indian medicine). In addition, Dr. Pratima Raichur, in his book “Absolute Beauty …”, recommends the use of unsalted butter or Ghee (clarified butter).
In addition to the above tips, people can also consider the following:
- Avoid moistening the lips with saliva, because their composition contains bacteria and a different pH from the lip lining.
- When choosing your lipstick, you should choose a good, hypoallergenic one, without too many dyes and preservatives, changing it every 6 months.
- Before any damage to the lips, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist.