Green clay has several benefits, and this makes it one of the most used in cosmetics because it has more benefits than we can get if we use this product.
Green clay composition
Its color is rendered due to iron and magnesium oxides. It is quite rich in trace elements, these having the role of varying according to their origin. In the composition of green clay are silicon, potassium, lime, and phosphates, among other minerals.
The properties of green clay consist of its power to disinfect, cleanse, soothe and detoxify the skin.
Besides these properties, the green clay also has the following benefits:
- cures due to the high content of silica, aluminum, and zinc.
- has the role of absorbing, and for this reason, is used in purulent infections.
- it also has a sedative effect, because it relieves the pain of inflammatory or traumatic origin.
- also has the role of helping the human body to recover naturally because it offers many mineral salts.
- also regulates intestinal functions.
This type of clay is one of the most used in cosmetics. It can be used in the following cases:
- if your skin is mixed or oily, due to its absorption capacity.
- it is also recommended to use it for your hair.
- remove impurities, cleanse pores and purify.
- it cannot eliminate cellulite.
- if you suffer from acne, green clay can help you control it.
- besides all this, it also has a relaxing effect and brings freshness and elasticity to the skin.
Green masks of clay
If you suffer from acne, you can prepare a mask of green clay and almond oil. In order for it to have results, it must be left on the face for 15 minutes and then removed with hot water.
Its preparation is done: mix the clay with water (avoid the one from the tap), in equal parts, then you can add a few drops of tea tree oil or a tablespoon of honey. The paste resulting from this composition should be applied on the face, avoiding the eyes and mouth. After removing this mask, do not forget to moisturize the face. No metal objects are used in the preparation of clay, as this would alter its properties. Wooden objects are used in its preparation.
Before applying the clay we can leave it a few minutes in the sun, this will increase its properties.