I think not many people know that tamanu is a tree native to the south coast of India, East Africa, Malaysia and Australia.
Researchers say that it grows very slowly and can reach up to 20 meters in height. It has bay-like leaves, so it is also known as Alexander Laurel or Indian Laurel, although it has several names. Its scientific name is Calophyllum inophyllum L.
It has fragrant flowers widely used for decoration and fragrance and offers a strong and strong wood that has traditionally been used for the construction of boats and canoes.
In this article we will talk about the oil obtained from its fruits. Its walnut-like nuts contain a kind of oil balm rich in antioxidant, antibacterial and calming substances, which have a lot to offer cosmetically.
People should know that this type of oil is generally used only on the area to be treated, but it can also be combined with other essential oils for a deeper treatment:
- If you suffer from acne, you need to put a few drops of this type of oil in your hand and a drop of tea tree, lavender or laurel essential oil, mix and apply on clean skin twice a day. There should be a gradual improvement and, in about 4 weeks, a strong improvement.
- Specialists in the field also recommend this type of oil to cure varicose veins and hemorrhoids. It must be combined with an essential oil of cypress, rosemary, geranium, lemon or mint, day and night.
- Against rosacea: use it only with a light facial massage in the morning and at night or in combination with the immortal.
- To heal wounds, cuts …: Put a few drops of oil on the wound between 3 and 4 times a day. You can combine it with shea butter, rosehip or baobab and you can add a few drops of lavender, geranium or tea tree essential oil.
- And last but not least, it is very good in removing cellulite or stretch marks from the body. To eliminate this problem, you need to mix this oil well with a few drops of cedar, and for stretch marks, combine it with geranium. Massage a few minutes twice a day.
In conclusion, people should know that this type of oil is very good for eliminating the following conditions: acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, insect bites, dry skin, stretch marks, herpes, wounds and scars, diabetic wounds, hemorrhoids, dark circles, anal fissures, etc.