I think everyone is looking for an extra source of protein without resorting to smoothie powders. If you are one of those people who are vegan, or just really like sweets, and want to try new things, this recipe is for you.
These are cookies without refined flour, without dairy and without gluten, so they can be prepared on many occasions. The result is tasty and slightly fluffy, without neglecting all the aroma of chocolate.
Although it may be surprising to find chickpeas in pastry recipes, its use is increasingly common, as it is a very versatile ingredient that adapts very well to different shapes and flavors without monopolizing them: burgers, cakes, meatballs, stews, salads, etc. .
Specialists in the field say that chickpeas have a lot of protein in their composition, ie it contains all the essential amino acids. In this way, with 100gr we have a whole portion of protein, which would be equivalent to about 4 cookies in this recipe. Thus, we discover that today’s vegan chocolate cakes, in addition to being delicious, are an excellent option that we can take anywhere comfortably.
I recommend people to try this recipe, and let your imagination fly and discover new options!
In this article I will tell you the ingredients you will need to prepare these delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies. These are:
- 400 g. Cooked chickpeas.
- 5 ml. vanilla essence.
- 6 tablespoons panela / coconut sugar …
- 60 g. Peanut butter (or other dried fruit).
- 50 g. Cocoa powder.
- 20 g. Favorite flour (almonds, coconut, etc.).
- A drop of non-lactated milk.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- Chocolate chips / ounces of chocolate + 85%.
The preparation of this vegan cake is done as follows:
- In the first phase you have to heat the oven to 180 ° C
- While the oven is heating, you need to crush the chickpeas and add all the ingredients to crush them (except the chocolate chips). It probably costs a little at first, you have to have a little patience.
- After you have done these things, you need to add the chocolate chips and knead them until smooth.
- Take some dough and form it into cookies, first making a ball and then flattening it with your fingers.
- If you want, you can add more chips on top to give a finer note to cookies or chopped walnuts to taste.
- Prepare the baking tray with greaseproof paper and place the cookies in a row, leaving little space between them so that they do not stick.
- After all this, put the cookies in the oven and leave them for about 20 minutes at 180 ° C.
- Let cool. They are delicious and can be decorated with nuts, chocolate, peanut butter … to taste!